Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hugo's Makings.

Hugo and Archie have a new little cousin who they are very excited about. Archie was away this weekend being a busy boy at an Indiana Jones party (he went as a cub scout which is a very handy costume considering that he really is a cub scout) so Hugo had a bit of one on one time with me. He decided he wanted to make a toy for the new baby and designed the rabbit above. I cut out the fabric (to his specifications) and he decorated it with fabric markers before it was sewn up on the machine. Voila! It even has little velvet legs poking out the bottom.
The message next to it is one of Hugo's love notes and reads (in Hugo language) "I love you Mum so much". I know I have mentioned his notes before but I really am relishing them as it is only a matter of time until other emotions will be explored through writing. I do recall another little boy beginning of this way and then going onto write the odd "Poo poo Mummy" in fits of rage. Is it wrong to admit I even treasure those notes?
Then when sewing was finished, we went onto origami - this is his dog.
And after that, a little bit of garden harvest.
At the moment I am having a little bit of quiet, home time. The boys have gone to their grandparents for the night, a treat we have all been looking forward to for some time. Except, that I have come down with the most inconvenient and noisy cold so instead of going out to dinner and the movies with Jonno, I am nesting on the couch, kept warm by the ocean of tissues surrounding me. Hmmph. At least we have a couple of good d.v.d.'s to watch the moment Jonno comes home from work and Thai takeaways for dinner. Wahoo. I must say that having a son with a peanut allergy, means that whenever he is away for the night, all we feel like doing is eating peanutty dishes.
Have a nice night.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails